Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sushi: I Love Sushi

North Dallas/18101 Preston Rd. #101/Dallas Texas/ 972-248-2100
I heard that I Love Sushi had revolving trays of all-u-can-eat sushi. Like a news reporter on a breaking story, nothing can make me race faster than that lure. I went for lunch and settled in at the sushi bar (of course) with the latest local, snarky rag-mag and waited for the trays to begin their parade. It never happened, though there were signs boasting $1 sushi specials posted about the place. Maybe the all-u-can eat feature is for the dinner crowd. The décor was minimalist and the piped in music was akin to adult contemporary chart-toppers from the 70’s. I adore the stinking rose and have been known to eat garlic sandwiches, so I had the Garlic Tuna Roll as an appetizer. For an entre I ordered the Tokyo Tower Roll, which in its initial presentation is not really a roll as it is a multi-colored mountain layer of spicy tuna, salmon, crab meat, caviar, and rice. “Oh how pretty,” I exclaimed when the sushi chef handed it to me. Like a fanciful child, I imagined how I’d eat down the layers of my fish tower like a triple scoop ice-cream cone, but with chopsticks. Just when I was about to dig in a waiter instantly sidled me. With an intent look and in broken English he tried to tell me something. I didn’t understand and simply smiled. Mistake. He knocked down my tower! With a fork and knife he was on a mission to mix-up the plated elements to a consistency of jumbalaya. Obviously, the protocol here is that Tokyo Tower Roll should be demolished before it can be properly enjoyed. So, in case you don’t want your tower knocked down be advised. The Tokyo Tower Roll was spicy, delicious and quite satisfying. While you’re there, enjoy a long list of other favorites like sashimi, caterpillar roll, spider roll, and for the less adventuresome there’s always the tame cucumber roll. Feeling dangerous? Try the Heart Attack roll, the James Bond roll, the Texas roll, or the Horoshima roll. Feeling frisky? Then try the Sexy roll or the Pretty Woman. The fish is fresh, presented well and with attentive, friendly service. Prices are competitively priced. Korean brother and sister owners also have another location in Denton. Yankees Eat Rating = 4/Very Good

No comments: