Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Japanese: Deep Sushi

Deep Ellum/2624 Elm St , Dallas , TX , 75226 / 214-651-1177

An oncologist and fellow sushi lover told me about this place. I figured if it met with his high standards it must be fantastic. It was just what the doctor ordered! Fabulously fresh, almost melt in your mouth sushi rolls and sashimi. We could hardly contain ourselves from ordering everything. The staff was friendly and prices were competitive. The décor, however is deeply urbanesque and by that I mean crappy, painted, cracked concrete floors and your basic no frills tables and wooden chairs. But, if you’ve read my previous blogs you know that for me, while décor and atmosphere are important, I’m there for the authentic food experience! Think of Deep Sushi as your friendly neighborhood sushi joint. You’re in the heart of Deep Ellum baby, so guzzle down some Saki, don’t look at the floors, and rock on with your bad self…..live music on Fridays too! The location is ideal for lunch if you work at the hospital nearby, or are out on the town for day or evening of frolicking fun! Yankees Eat Rating = 4/Very Good

No comments: